We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Backyard Games

My girls are very interested in letters lately... especially my 3 year old.  We did an INDOOR LETTER HUNT a few months back that we play often.  Since the weather has been warmer I thought we would take the hunt outside!  

To make the letters I purchased Marking Chalk from Amazon.



I created an alphabet checklist they could use to mark off the letters they found.  


"I found letter P!  Let me see here.... where is it?"



"I found it!"

Letter P in the grass


Letter S in the mulch.


The girls searching for letters. 

"I found letter V under the trampoline.  That was a tricky one."


We also made some fun games.  


Backyard Hopscotch


I also buried a few letters in our garden.  


X marks the spot!


My oldest loved digging for "treasures".  We plan to do a treasure hunt dig next.  :-)  Stay tuned!  

RL 

2 comments:

  1. What did you spray onto your grass? Obviously regular spray paint wouldn't come off. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - "that was a tricky one"
    what a great game!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...